Monday, January 28, 2008

On Playing Babies and Being Cool

Some things I have observed while playing babies with Jenna:
1. Jenna told me the other day to "Teep an eye on my baby, otay?"
2. There is a specific way to hold and pat the baby's back, preferably while saying, "It otay, tweetheart."
3. Babies love to go to the doctor, which is kind of ironic since Jenna does not. Usually they go because they have a tummyache.
4. No matter what the ailment, the baby's yo-tion (aka lotion) saves the day. It's 21st century penicillin, I guess. Slather that baby up and she's good to go.

Meanwhile, this is the exchange I had with Michaela while picking out her clothes for the next day.
Mommy: If you are wearing your jeans, how about wearing this shirt?
Michaela: No, I don't want to wear that.
Mommy: Why not? You look great in this shirt.
Michaela: That shirt is pretty... I want to wear something cool.
Mommy: Oh.
Mommy thinks for a minute and says something she will probably say countless times in the next 15 years:
Mommy: Let's look at the shirts Aunt Jaime bought you!

Problem solved. Coolness reigns. Well, for Michaela at least.

No comments: