Monday, January 14, 2008

Back and better than ever

Ahhh... Dan is home. Michaela is back in school. My throat feels normal again. Routines are back in place. It's so good to be in the month of January.

I am also back from my first- ever Crop 'til I Drop-12 hour-9 to 9 event! What a blast I had... and I finally finished Jenna's baptism album, which was a monkey on my back as well as an outward sign of how far behind I am in my scrapbooking. It was a wonderful day away and when I returned home, Dan said the Very Magical Words that I was so hoping he would say: "We were fine... anytime you want to do that again go right ahead." Oh, I so love him.
My friend Gina, who is brilliant in every way and is half of the Doullina Designs team that held the crop, told me this fabulous story. Her husband has to travel for business and while we wives realize it is not a Vacation, the travelling men do manage to get out to dinner, do some fun things and generally get to escape from the normal grind for a few days. Gina's husband always says to her, "But honey, it's for work!"
So my crafty (in both the paper/glue/embellishments way and the sneaky way) friend decides she may want to go to a weekend event- either a scrapping convention or scrapping weekend, I can't remember which- and she tells Scott, who's about to protest her leaving him with their two boys for three days: "But honey, it's for work!"
Brilliant, right?

Michaela is going to be in a lip sync event at her school in the end of February. Her Brownies troop is going to work on it together. They are singing a song from High School Musical and are going to do dance moves and have costumes and everything. Her first rehearsal is this week. The school has to use the high school auditorium for the performance because 35 GROUPS have signed up to do it, each with at least five students in each group.That's 175 kids all with eager parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. to come watch them perform. We can't wait.

Jenna was pretending to talk on her play cell phone today and exclaimed, "Oh my Dod!" and when I started laughing at her she shushed me and said "I talting on da pone, ok teehard (sweetheart)?" She has been instructing me often about how to properly hold her baby dolls. "No, like dis. Like dis." Because clearly I have no idea what I'm doing. Clearly I didn't hold my own children until my arms were falling off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore you! I am beyond thrilled that you were able to attend our 1st ever scrapamania and I could tell that it just did your heart/mind/soul some good chickie! What a fun day that was and I'm so glad that you were able to get so much done..bravo chick! Shall I start including Mr. Libutti on my crop announcements?? :)Love it!