Friday, July 31, 2009

Slice of life.

It's a dark, rainy day here and I don't mind it one bit. We have been going a million miles an hour lately- doing self-imposed activities and Fun Stuff- and it is nice to sit back, relax and hang out for the day.

The girls and I went to Michael's craft store on Wednesday and bought tons of projects and supplies which kept two little girls busy for two days straight. I have been trying to get to my sewing... the basket of fabric seems to watch my every move and is starting to mock me when I don't pay attention to it.

Yesterday I tried making the Premier Blanket of my baby blanket collection- gorgeous minky dot light blue backed by brown flannel- and even tried to fancy it up by trying to bind it with flannel-backed satin binding. What a disaster. The whole thing was slippery, uneven, and a general hot stinkin' mess. So I cut my losses, ripped the whole thing apart and started over with a more simple design and it came together better. I tried to use it as a teaching moment for Michaela, who frequently gets frustrated when things she sews don't turn out exactly as she planned, and showed her how I messed up and how I started over. Today I made another blanket and am about to clean up for the day.

Michaela has a friend over and they are making more plans for the afternoon. I want to get to the library with Jenna as I am desperate for some reading material. And have to pay off my late fee from the last batch of books I got. And returned late. I consider it a donation to the library.

And that's the scoop from here.

No comments: