Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hilarious!!

I found this web cite yesterday and it is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time... it is especially good for those of you who have recently had babies and struggled with naming them. The web site is actual postings of names people are planning to name their infants. Most people are looking for feedback for horrible, horrible names that are "different" and have a unique spelling- preferably with lots of the letters "k" and "y" in the weirdest places. The funniest part is that the woman who compiled all the postings also comments on the names and she is a riot.
I know this site is true because I ran across some of these kinds of webpostings when I was pregnant for Michaela. Interestingly enough, Dan and I chose the "Michael" spelling of Michaela thinking it would be easier to tell people "it's spelled like Michael with an a at the end"...rather than Mykayla or Makayla etc... and we have come to find out that many people don't know how to spell Michael. For Jenna we chose something easier and shorter. It was the first name Dan and I liked when we got engaged and started naming hypothetical children.
I would love to hear any stories behind how you named your babies... you can always post a comment or email me directly.

Here is the link:
http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Davies Family said...

Cheryl, you weren't looking at this website for possible names for Baby Libutti #3, where you? :)