Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Day of Beauty

It was a day of beauty here at the Libutti house on Monday... we did the girls' nails (cut and polish) in the morning and we all got our hair cut in the evening. We all look fresh and neat. I tried getting a picture of the girls but they weren't cooperating. I'll try again this week. Jenna looks so grown up... it's incredible.

Last night, while I was giving the girls their bath, the water was running and they were having a blast splashing each other. Totally out of the blue, Michaela looked at me and said, "Mommy, Jenna and I used to be just sisters... but now we're sisters AND best friends!" I almost cried! I managed to choke out something about how they will always be together and how special that is. Moments like that make all the time, energy, love, worry, sleepless nights, etc. all worth it. Well, almost worth it... I would like to get some more sleep... (just kidding!)

Well, I have a date with Michaela to watch American Idol so I better go.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

mommy said...

I was really touched by this story and it proves you and Dan have done a wonderful job with M and J. Their loving each other is what EVERY parent wants for their children. GOOD JOB! Love, Mommy