Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Fun

Busy weekend for the Libutti family... We had a nice visit with Paga and Ann on Saturday, then church and a birthday party on Sunday. Dan and I got head colds on Friday so everything seemed more difficult than it actually was... like we were moving in slow motion. The birthday party was for one of Michaela's friends from preschool and was held at Libby Lu, a store at the mall that caters to 6-12 year old girls: lots of glitter, sparkles, makeup, jewelry, hair accessories, stuffed animals, etc. When you have a party there, you get your hair done (complete with a fake hair clip), nails painted and makeup put on. We took pictures of Michaela when we got home. (I'll have to post them another time... something's not working on Blogspot.) She declared yesterday as "the best day of my life", which was quite a turnaround considering that earlier in the day she was angry at us for something and stated to us that it was "the worst day of my life". Hyperbole is par for the course when you have a five year old.
This morning at about 5:30am, Michaela crept into our room, came to my side of the bed and said, "Mom... where is my hair clip?" Why she needed to have a clip of fushia and black fake hair at 5:30 in the morning, I'll never know. I mumbled that I had no idea and to go back to bed while Dan was a bit more helpful and told her it was where she left it on the living room coffee table. God bless Daddy.

We saw my cousin Eric at church (he was on nursery duty) and he was kind enough to offer his assistance for some home improvements we have planned. I was telling Dan after church that "Eric was all over helping us with our demolition" and Michaela, who somewhat reluctantly kisses Eric when he asks, chimed in, "Uncle Eric was all over me, too- with kisses!" We got a huge kick out of this and I thought it was a blog-worthy story.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Congrats to the cast of The Office who won the Screen Actors' Guild Award for an Ensemble Cast-Comedy. Watch The Office on Thursdays at 8:30pm!!!

1 comment:

The Davies Family said...

Home Improvements, YES! Wish we could be there to help. Demolition, it just sounds like such fun. We've got a few projects on tap as well. Like our whole upstairs! Seriously, your home improvements sound awesome and we are so excited for you guys.