Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation: Part I

By: Cheryl Libutti

(written in the spirit of most back-to-school elementary age essays about summer vacation)

I had a great summer. I did lots of crafts. I love doing crafts, especially sewing and scrapbooking. Most of what I did was to help get ready for the baby. The baby is due to be born tomorrow, but may not come tomorrow. The baby will come when he is ready. I am ready for the baby to be born. I am tired of being pregnant.

Here are some pictures of what I did.
Because I am filled with Crazy Mommy Hormones, I redid Michaela and Jenna's baby photo albums. Because I am a little obsessive, I redid the front covers and personalized the spines. I also bought a matching album for the new baby, which is blue and green. I like the new albums and so do they.
I made a deluxe baby wipes holder...
... to match the jaunty new diaper bag I bought myself. I love toile.
I washed and folded all the unisex infant clothes I have from the girls. They are ready to be worn by the next baby.
I shopped, shopped, and shopped some more for blue and brown clothes for the baby to wear. I really like shopping for baby clothes. I also bought new Big Sister shirts for the girls.
I sewed my own waterproof changing table pads.
I sewed some pillows for the baby's room. I helped Michaela sew a little stuffed animal for her baby brother.
I sewed lots of new, soft baby blankets and put love into every stitch. Some are flannel, some are minky, and some are fleece.
Coming up next: the nursery, the girl's room and the playroom reorganization.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are beyond adorable!!! Your essay would have made Mrs. Taranto VERY proud!!!! What a lucky Bubbles to arrive to such luxury and, most importantly, such LOVE! Mommy

The Davies Family said...

What a productive summer, in a number of ways! I love the albums. They are gorgeous and I've just seen the covers. I can't wait to see Baby Boy Libutti's or the little man himself. We are thinking of you, praying for you all, and can't wait to hear the news tomorrow.