Sunday, June 1, 2008

Reprieve... almost

We had a wicked fun night on Friday... the girls ended up puking every hour or so on a half-hour schedule (Jenna on the hour and Michaela at half past) until everything settled down at about 3am. Michaela, Jenna and I ended up sleeping in the living room and watched countless hours of Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr. Jenna bounced right back on Saturday after a few hours of sleep but Mimi was down for the count the whole day. She is generally so energetic it was hard to see her listless and just zoned out and exhausted for the day. She took a good shower that night and rebounded nicely this morning. Last night I started to feel kinda yucky- not sick, really, more like not hungry/ not myself. We all went to church and I took a good nap with Jenna in bed this afternoon. Michaela was given strict instructions not to disturb us by Daddy, who was mowing the lawn and washing the car. This plan worked fine until....

Michaela tiptoes into our room and whispers: Mom, I don't want to disturb you but if you hear the shower running it's because I wrapped a piece of chewed gum around my leg by my knee and now I can't get it off so I'm going to try to wash it off.

We all got up, smeared peanut butter all over her leg and the gum came off.


And so the never-ending job of motherhood continues.

2 comments:

Winterhoff Family said...

Cheryl,
I laughed so hard that I had tears streaming down my face reading your 2 latest blog entries. What joys I have to look forward to, being a mother! Thank you for the entertaining stories, and for being such a great blogger! Lots of Love, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Kids'll KILL ya! BUT they are worth EVERY ounce of pain because of the untold joy they bring! You can make even a horrible situation sound funny! Are you related to Erma Bombeck by any chance? Love, Mommy