Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stuffed!!

On Monday night I went to the library and checked out Stephen King's newest novel, Duma Key. All 607 pages of it.
I got it on a 7-day express loan and you can't renew it, so the pressure's on.

I am happy to report that at 1:30pm today I finished the book.

My children haven't eaten in three days and I'm not sure if Michaela went to school this week, but the book is done.

(Just kidding... the kids are fed, bathed, dressed properly and in the right places at the right times.)

I don't know that I've ever read a book that long or in such a short period of time so I feel stuffed to the gills with words and images from the book that I will be digesting over the next few days.

The book, by the way, was absolutely wonderful... a great story with interesting characters, a little supernatural stuff thrown in (in a non-cheesy fashion) and a couple of thrilling scenes at the end... well worth buying or getting from the library.

But give yourself more than seven days to read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Che-it would take me MONTHS to read a tome that long! (Pretentious word-tome-don't you think????) You and you alone know the kinds of books I like so maybe when this book goes on 4 week loan I will give it a whirl. Meanwhile, keep writing this blog-it is a highlight of my day! Gammie