Monday, April 7, 2008

A few random Monday thoughts...

1. It is impossible for a grown person to seriously say the word "Dude" in conversation and not sound kind of silly.
2. Here is possibly the lamest, corniest joke ever said to me: in response to a comment made, someone says, "I resemble that remark!"
3. I actually had a conversation with my mom the other day about why a sandwich shop in our town has a sign up the says: wraps, paninis, "home-made" soups, coffee. To me, the quotes around it indicate it ISN'T homemade, so why call it that? Why not just say hot soup or fresh soup or something along those lines?

The shop is attached to a Mobil gas station so my assumption anyway was that the soups were actually not "home-made."

I don't know why I'm so cranky this evening. We are fine, the girls are fine, life is good.

I went to the fabric store today and bought sparkly blue material to make a dress for Jenna like Sharpay's in High School Musical 2 (our latest movie obsession... and let me honestly say that we watch it every day and I never get sick of it. Ever.). Tonight at bedtime she announced she also would like an outfit like Gabriela wears in the opening number.

How do I explain to a two year old that I am not a costume designer able to recreate every outfit in the movie?

So I placated her by telling her we'd go shopping soon and look for the pink (or pinkt) shoes Gabriela is wearing. Jenna only sort of bit on that one.

Speaking of Jenna, she handed me a toy cell phone the other day and said, "Who should we call?" I suggested Baby Kate and she looked at me and very matter of factly, kindly, and without the slightest bit of condescension, told me, "Baby Tate doesn't talkt." So we called Uncle Brian and Aunt Beh-hie instead. It was a good talkt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could DEFINITELY write professionally!!! Gam-a-lang-a-ding-dong

Anonymous said...

SO darn funny!
~Michelle