Friday, May 15, 2009

Check Ups.

So Jenna had her 4-year-old check up today at the pediatrician's and everything checked out fine. She is healthy and happy and normal, which I think is just about what every parent wants to hear.

The only item of note was her height, which is 41.5 inches, placing her in the 80th percentile. And the fact that she grew FOUR INCHES in the last year. "That's pretty... impressive," her doctor says to me, eyebrows raised. It is not surprising that she would be in the upper percentiles- I am 5'6" and taller than most of my friends and Dan is about 6'4"- but four inches?? She started out so tiny- at 2 years old she was in the 5th percentile- and just has gone into overdrive. Her doctor asked me twice, "What does she eat?" and I just said the truth: she's generally a great eater, and she eats lots of variety of foods. "Apparently it works," he said.

She also had the joy of experiencing vaccination shots for chicken pox, measles, mumps and rubella and let me tell you: she did not buy the whole the shots have medicine that will keep you healthy routine. She was a trooper, though, and made it through just fine, declaring them "sharp".

The nurse who gave her the shots told her she doesn't have to get any more shots until she's ten(which isn't really true- the girls both get flu shots in the fall), so now she's been asking me all afternoon:"How long is it until I'm ten?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our Nenna, the trooper! The TALL trooper! We are so glad she is healthy-answered prayer for parents and grandparents! Love, Gams and Pops