Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Pictoral Essay: Part II.

For New Year's Eve, Dan and I and our good friends Judy & Bryan and Angel & Tom went out to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. We sat at a hibachi table, which provided both food and entertainment. And almost burned my eyebrows off when the guy set the cooktop on fire.

My peeps

You should have heard us explain to the girls the next day that Daddy ate raw fish. ("Was it DEAD?" Jenna asked, completely perplexed.)


The boys' appetizer: sashimi

We finished the night by having yummy chocolate cake with fruit and very, very sweet and very, very yummy champagne at Tom and Angel's house.



A perfect way to ring in 2009.


And much better than the New Year's Eves of my youth, in which my parents would say, Why stay up? It's already the New Year somewhere in Europe. I'm going to bed.

No comments: