Today is your seventh birthday and I couldn't be more excited for you. You are such the light of our lives and it is so fun to see you eagerly anticipating your special day with the presents, treats and attention that comes with it.
I had a whole letter planned to write out to you about how you grew in every way this year, but I will only say this: when people ask about you, I always say the same thing. "She's got the world on a string. I never have to worry about her." I mean, as a mom I worry about lots of stuff but you are so strong and smart and loving and caring that while little bumps come along here and there, deep down I know you have got this whole life thing figured out.
Here, in much shorter form than I first tried, are the 10 best parts about you right now:
1. You are as healthy as an ox.
2. You are caring and compassionate towards those who are hurting. You have very, very strong physical and emotional boundaries with everyone but when someone gets hurt or needs a friend, you are the go-to girl.
3. You have an awesome sense of humor and joy for life.
4. You are constantly in motion. Not hyper, just always moving. You love swimming and running and playing. And soccer, if you're in the mood.
5. You have a wonderful creative streak that I do all I can to nurture. You love to make jewelry, paint, draw, and have even tried your hand at scrapbooking and sewing.
6. You are so beautiful that you take my breath away. I can only imagine what you'll look like as an adult.
7. You are a fun, loyal friend and a loving sister. You have wonderful social skills and people skills.
8. You are so smart and so eager to have everyone see the world the same way that you do that you can manipulate anyone to do just about anything. You can figuratively split hairs in a discussion down to the molecular level. I have seen my own parents do things for you that have made my head spin. You have convinced me to do things that make my head spin. You are profoundly skilled at pushing the envelope as far as it can go and then retreating as soon as you know you've gone too far.
9. You adore animals- anything cute and furry. You play constantly with your stuffed animals of cats and dogs and squirrels and rabbits and bears. Your Webkins are your favorite toys right now.
10. You are a wonderful mix of little girl and big kid. Every once in a while you help us see that you're not quite as big as we all think and let us know you still want to be kissed and hugged and loved and comforted like we always have. Usually when you are trying to stay up later.
Happy Birthday, my baby, my big girl, my Mimi. You made Daddy and I parents and you are exactly what we wanted in a child. Thank you for being such a good girl; thank you for being with us in this journey through life; thank you for being YOU!
I love you with all my heart and soul,