Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sooooo two

My mom, Jenna, and I did a little Christmas shopping on Monday of this week. We were pretty successful and Jenna was in good spirits most of the trip, which made it even more successful. Among other things, I had to pick up dressy shoes for the girls to wear with their Christmas outfits (which I have pathetically had since early October). As we checked out a pair of snazzy patent pleather shoes from Target, I took off Jenna's socks so we could try them on. One of the quirks of being 24 pounds and two and a half years old is that shoes are quite hard to fit... her feet are just little skinny wisps of bone. We put on the shoes and I rolled up her pant leg so I could see them.
Success! They fit decently and Jenna really, really liked them... so much so that she refused to take them off and unroll the pants. As my mom said in Target, "Sometimes she is soooo... two."

Here is the picture of her in Macy's in all of her patent shoe glory:




You may also notice that the tag is still on them, Minnie-Pearl style. And she's holding a fruit-flavored not-found-in-nature-blue Twizzler in her hand that made me gag every time I smelled it. And she's smiling because she knows we're going to McDonald's for lunch when the shopping is done. What a life.

No comments: