Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Signs I've Been a Stay-At-Home Mom Too Long

We brought the girls last night to Picture People at the mall to get their pictures taken... for the third time.
It sounds so gratuitous and non-rational, however you must understand that Jenna is REAL tricky about getting her picture taken. The first time we gussied the girls up into their Christmas Outfits, made an evening appointment so Dan could come with me, and hoped for the best. Jenna took one look at the photographer and absolutely refused to have anything to do with her. (She was kind of a train wreck, and the pics she took were not that great so I really don't blame her.) Michaela got some done which turned out okay. I asked the manager to recommend a gentle, quiet photographer and made an appointment to return a few days later.
And that's when Mindy entered our lives.
(Is that dramatic enough??)
Mindy took fabulous pictures... she made Jenna laugh and took wonderful candids of Jenna looking sweet and gentle and relaxed.
So, like any other mom who sometimes has too much time on her hands, I made another appointment for Michaela to be photographed by Mindy.
We went last night and Jenna felt so comfortable that she jumped into the pictures and we got great shots of both of them. Heaven. We bought lots for Christmas gifts and 3 black and white pictures to put in a triple- opening frame in our dining room.
In other news, I finished my cookbook project- all 128 pages of it. I think it turned out really cute and now many, many family recipes are in one spot to be passed down. I am in full Christmas mode- shopping, returning, ordering on line, decorating, planning, etc. I of course have wild fantasies about baking lots of cookies with the girls, making gingerbread houses, and having Magical Memories. We'll see what actually transpires... and I will, of course, blog about it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do NOT think you have too much time on your hands-you just want good pics of your magnificent girls! Is that too much to ask??? I think NOT! Love, Mommy

Anonymous said...

Mindy is a great photog, if my memory serves me correctly! Is Kimmy still the manager? She's the BEST! I would LOVE to see your recipe project and discusswould love to put you on retainer to create some for profit :) :) In your spare time, of course!
Gina

Anonymous said...

ok, that would be "discuss having you on retainer...."
I'm not so good at typing, talking on the phone and checking my email :) Seriously, can't wait to see what you came up with :)