Tuesday, November 13, 2007

No calls from Hallmark???

Dan's 35th birthday was this weekend! Happy Birthday to my true love and best friend!

We had a fun couple of days celebrating. My parents took us out to dinner at Old Chicago on Wednesday because they were going out to see Brian and Beth for the weekend. This picture was taken that night.

Then over the weekend, JuJu threw a little surprise party for Dan at her and Uncle Dick's. Michael and Jaime came up also so we had a fun night hanging out and laughing. JuJu had lots of appetizers and great food so we left stuffed. I baked a cake for Dan and the girls helped him blow out the candles.
This is verbatim the card that Michaela lovingly wrote out to Dan:
Dear Daddy,
Will you have a happy birthday? I thought you were turning 46, but you are turning 35.
Love, Michaela
I think the left-handed compliment ("Hey, Dad- turns out you're 11 years younger than I thought!!") was softened by the obvious care she took in writing and presenting it to him. I'm just shocked that Hallmark hasn't come knocking on our door looking for her to put out a whole line of cards. (Something like, "I thought you were getting fat, but it turns out you're pregnant. Congratulations!")

No comments: