Thursday, November 8, 2007

Music lessons

Excerpt from an actual conversation from last Friday:
Michaela and I are in her room, picking out her outfit for the day. (Generally we pick it out the night before like all the "helpful hints for a smooth morning routine" tell you to, but sometimes we just don't get around to it.)
I lay out a nice pair of new sweatpants and a matching shirt, both from the Gap.
I say, "How about this?"
She says, "Well... today is Friday and I have music with Miss Hannah. That outfit is kind of ........sporty."
I snort as to not laugh directly at her. She's really sensitive about that.
We end up agreeing on a new skirt and top with tights and her mary janes.

This conversation revealed two things:
1. Michaela's fashion sense is a bit more advanced than I thought.
2. I underdressed for music class for years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tails-I laughed out loud about the second thing you learned from this situation! I think you dressed JUST FINE for music class! Remember Mrs. Briggs???? Mommy

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Briggs?? That was my gym teacher :-) I love this story!!!! Who knew music class was so formal? hehe - Jaime