Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Y do I bother???

So I have been going to the Y 4-6 days a week for about six weeks, trying to get in shape and lose the stress weight I've gained since having Jenna. (It's not really baby weight... I lose that with no problem after I have my babies... it's the stress of having infants that makes me eat any chocolate I can get my hands on.) I met with a trainer there twice and have enjoyed getting out of the house, feeling the endorphins and doing something for myself. I have seen an improvement in both my fitness level and in how my clothes fit. I finally hit a milestone on Monday... 10 pounds lost! I was s o excited as I had held on to that last half pound for about a week and felt like I had finally broken through. Triumph!
And what did I do to celebrate? Bought two bags of Shrek M&Ms, of course! (I mean, c'mon... they're Ogre-sized... and delicious!) I have made my way with some help from Danny through one and half bags. They were really good but I did feel a bit self-defeating. I stepped back on bandwagon last night and went to the gym and walked two miles.
This really is a process. My next goal is another 11 pounds, which brings me to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Jenna. Wish me luck!

In other news, check out Brian and Beth's website for a fantastic slideshow of my dad's party. Go to www.bandbdavies.blogspot.com to see all the fun!

No comments: