Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Today's laugh

I was making dinner this evening and Jenna was watching me from her perch on the countertop (Jenna has always loved watching me cook and do work in the kitchen). Michaela was playing in the living room and carrying on her own conversation. Michaela had one of her dolls say, "You are driving your mother crazy!" which is clearly something she has heard me say multiple times. I called into Michaela, "Who is driving their mother crazy?" and Jenna yells out, proud as a peacock, "Me!!" and points to her chest. We all got a good laugh out of it and Jenna was very proud of herself for making such a funny joke.

I was happy to see Jenna make a joke as she had thrown a 40 minute tantrum earlier in the afternoon... we have started (for the third time) the weaning process and I am cutting her nursing times down week by week. She was sooo not happy with my refusal of her demand to nurse... I am trying to stay strong!!! First she sleeps in her crib, next she may not breastfeed anymore... it will be like living a different life!

No comments: