Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good luck wishes.

Yet another reason why having children is a source of endless entertainment:

My mom is having planned foot surgery today to fix a tearing Achilles' tendon and remove a bone spur. Michaela has been quite caught up in the drama of poor Gammie and her non-weightbearing status for the next six weeks. Apparently Mimi made a broad announcement to her class on the first day of school about the surgery which makes me cringe a little because it's a little more white trash/needy/dramatic than our family usually likes to be.
Anyway, Mimi made a card for my mom a few weeks ago and this is the content:

Front: Break a leg on your surgery!
Inside: No, serious, don't break your leg.
Love, Michaela

Michaela was pleased as punch about the little joke she made and told me, "Gammie is going to laugh soooo humidly at this card!! I can hear her laughing now!!"

I think she was going for a form of the word "hilarious" that would fit but couldn't quite make it work so she used "humid" instead.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

No comments: