Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A week? It's been a week??

It's been a week since I last posted (well, almost... I've been missing since last Thursday) and things have been pretty crazy around here. Swimming, soccer, school, softball, and scrapbooking have all been in the mix. I had a glorious time at the 12 hour Tres de Mayo Crop on Saturday hosted by the ever- wonderful, ever- brilliant Gina and Doulla of Doullina Designs (shameless plug: http://www.doullina.com/ ) and got some nice pages done as well as continued my project of organizing six years' worth of pictures, papers, keepsakes, and memorabilia. Thankfully I am almost done. We had Mexican food for dinner and the whole day was delicious in every way.

Some other highlights:

The girls have enjoyed their swimming lessons (and I felt a little less gay at this lesson with Jenna) and I have enjoyed being able to spend time with my friend Dana each week during Michaela's lesson. The mom of the other swimmer is the Treasurer of the PTA at Michaela's school and Dana is involved in everything at the same school, including putting together the yearbook and running the school banking for kids program. As I was sitting between them during the first lesson, I thought to myself, "Ooohh... I'm sitting amongst the Power Clique for Slingerlands stay at home moms!!" and then I giggled to myself at how silly that was. Then I giggled at how silly they would think that statement was.

Michaela brings home spelling words each week and her teacher had the cleverest ways to help them learn the words. Last week the list featured the "bossy R's": star, yard, bird, girl. This week is even better; it's the "oi/ oy" sounds... noise, joy, boy, etc... and she calls them the Headache Words: she puts her hand up to her forehead , palm side facing out, and says a moaning, "Oy!" Thank Goodness for creative, fun teachers.

I worked the concession stand at the Soccerplex field Monday night for my volunteer activity for soccer (volunteer or pay $30) and sold a whopping $4.50 worth of hot dogs, grape soda, candy and lollipops in two hours. Good thing I didn't work on commission.

Michaela had a little tiff with a friend of hers and we were talking about it in the car. I was explaining to her that this was "just a bump in the road" in their friendship and that things will all work out. She asked me, with a touch of annoyance in her voice, "Why are you talking about the road??"

Jenna has developed three imaginary friends. The first one is named Boy and he "goes to school with me." (Which, by the way, is also imaginary... she's really running with the imaginary thing...) The second one is a girl named Bionna. She is a good friend to Jenna and "rides on the bus with me" (yup, also imaginary). She appears to be the sidekick and supporter to all of Jenna's adventures. The third one, who just showed up last week, is named Tionna. I had a hard time figuring out if she was saying Tionna or Dionna but we managed to clarify this on Tuesday. Tionna only comes out for real exciting outings... clearly she is not the close, everyday friend that Bionna is. Both girls are very good and don't misbehave but that Boy- he's about half good and half bad. Jenna was telling me a story about Boy the other day and finished it with this morose statement: "I was berry, berry mad at he."

She cracks me up.
They both crack me up. And I love 'em to pieces.

No comments: