Thursday, December 13, 2007

Birthday Party Delights

Our Birthday Party for Jesus was a success! We had a lot of fun munching on pizza and wings, decorating cookies, and eating a big frosted cake. The kids (two two-year-olds, two four-year-olds, two six-year-olds) were VERY excited to all be together and we pumped them full of sugar to keep 'em going. They did a great job making beautiful cookies that they brought home in little goody bags. They used different colored sprinkles, M&Ms (of course), red and white and green and white swirled white chocolate chips, sugar Santas, and green, red and white sugars to top them off. Here's some shots of the cookie decorating action:

Earlier that afternoon, as I was finishing up the cake, Jenna asked me, "Is it a birthday cake?" and I answered,"Yes" and she said,"Who's birthday is it?" I said,"It's Jesus' birthday!" Jenna thought for a second and asked, "Is He coming?" How do you explain THAT to a two year old?? So I muttered something about Him coming on Christmas long ago but right now He's always watching us and finished with the Sunday School standard: "... and He loves you very much." I figured that hits the high points. And Jenna seemed satisfied with that.


In other news, we got a terrific snowstorm today and I have delighted in watching it snow all day. We went out for a walk tonight after Dan snowblowed (snowblew?) the driveway and pulled the girls in their sleds. We had a blast slipsliding on the packed snow. Here are some pics:



We're supposed to get another storm this weekend. I may not love the cold of winter, but I sure do love the snow. You know, from inside my warm house.
This is my 100th blog entry- thanks for reading!! Feel free to comment anytime!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super party that was! You are amazing, my daughter! LOVED Gina's blog entry about HER way of creating Christmas memories! She is MY kind of girl! Love, Mommy

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! Congrats on your 100th post! My keyboard is applauding you...can you hear it? :)
Tell your Mommy that she's welcome to share a plate of our exquisite holiday treats anytime :)