Friday, July 20, 2007

Two funny Jenna stories

Here are two of my favorites for the past two weeks:
1. My mom, Michaela, Jenna and I went to the mall earlier this week and Michaela roped us into bringing two strollers so she could ride in one and Jenna ride in the other. (Yes, she is a bit spoiled.) As we were coming into the mall elevator, my mom commented, "I wish someone would push me around the mall in a stroller" to which I replied, "Me too!" and then Jenna added in her little voice, while sitting in the stroller my mom was pushing: "Me, too!"
2. We had our church directory photos taken last Friday. They turned out horrific of me but Dan and the girls look okay. There was one nice pic of Jenna and Michaela which we bought. One of the sacrifices I have made as a parent is to put the picture in the directory that is awful of me but good of the girls. No, no need to applaud my selflessness... it comes with being a loving mother.
Anyway, as we were getting dressed at home in our somewhat gay color-coordinated outfits, Jenna walked in on me as I was changing my bra and top. She saw me naked from the waist up and her eyes got REAL big and she said (and I am not making this up), "Oh my dad!"
I need to explain that we say 'Oh my dad' instead of 'Oh my God' because of a Will Farrell skit we once saw in which he is dressed like Jesus and says, "Oh My Dad!" It struck us as really funny when we saw it and now we say it all the time.
After she exclaimed her joy at seeing my boobs- both at once and out in the open- she reached up with both hands outstretched to try to touch them. I immediately started to get dressed and thought that more privacy for Mommy is probably a good thing.
I tried to get her to say it again, to which she told me "No, no say oh my dad." which was just as cute.

No comments: