Friday, July 20, 2007

Our Great Escape

On Tuesday of last week, we headed an hour north to the Great Escape amusement park. We went last summer and Michaela really had a ball; this year both girls were able to ride many of the attractions. Some of the shows (the famous diving show!) and rides I remember from when I was a teenager. This year was nice as I didn't have to nurse Jenna on any of the rides, like I did last year. (It's another funny place to put on the "Places Jenna Has Nursed List.") Little things like that make me feel like we're making good progress.
So the day was a hit except for the fact that it was 93 degrees and humid, and the Great Escape has jacked up its food and drink prices so a bottled water would have cost us $3.50. Honestly, all I remember from the day is my brain screaming,"It's HOT! It's HOT!!" and searching for water fountains. Towards the end of the day we found this fantastic misting station, like on NFL games, and we stood in front of that as long as we could to try to cool off. Thank goodness I took pictures of the girls or I would have no memory of the roughly $130 we spent, I mean, good times we had.
Michaela loves the rides no matter what the thrill level and is excited to grow a few more inches so she can go on everything. Nothing scares her- neither heights nor speed nor peril. She did, however, get a little freaked out by the superheroes in costumes but did ten times better than last year when she screamed and clutched us in fear as they walked past.

For a few pictures from the day in which you can see the girls progressively getting hotter, click this link: http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/davieselizabethm/?action=view&current=7593bb11.pbw

No comments: