Monday, July 30, 2007

Reflections on a good day

It was a good day today at the Libutti House:
1. I got lots of laundry done that was piling up.
2. Michaela found a pair of pajamas, which she had only worn once, that had been missing. They were under her dresser, probably placed there by daughter #2.
3. I cleaned up our bedroom and put away a few things that had been bugging me every time I stepped over them.
4. We Libutti girls got invited out to lunch by Daddy and enjoyed a very fun lunch at Fudrucker's, which was yummy AND very fun to say out loud.
5. After lunch, Jenna and I took a really nice lie-down on the couch... I dozed and listened for Michaela every few minutes. She played quietly and totally amused herself for about an hour. It was delicious. It was afternoons like this that I will greatly miss when the time comes for me to go back to work.
6. I used a gift certificate I got for Mother's Day and got an hour massage this evening. The masseuse used the most beautiful words in the English language: "I lost track of time and massaged you for an extra twenty minutes... Hope that's okay." Honestly. She said that. And it was fantastically okay.

Funny Michaela story of the week: Michaela LOVES to negotiate with her father and me, especially about food. Her greatest negotiation is after meals... had she had enough of the good food to get a treat. Yesterday she was debating with me after lunch. This was roughly the play by play:
Michaela: "If I finish my carrots can I have a treat?"
Mommy: "Yes."
"Can I have a treat and a stick of gum?"
"No."
"If I finish my carrots AND pasta, can I have both?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"If you finish both, you can have a treat."
"Why can't I have both if I finish both?"
"Michaela, just eat your lunch and have your Popsicle and stop talking to me about it. That's enough."
"I love it when we play this game!"
To which I tickled her mercilessly.

No comments: