Monday, December 21, 2009

Pre-Christmas chaos.

Happy Monday! I have one kid in preschool with a runny nose, one infant sleeping in his bouncy seat, and one 8 year old home sick with a stomach bug that she got last night. I am baking cupcakes for a Brownies meeting tonight, sewing a fake Snuggie for my godson, and trying to get my chocolate cookie dough truffles blanketed with melted chocolate. I am going to lunch with Jenna and Alec and meeting a friend of hers from preschool and her mom and sister. Michaela has an orthodontist appointment at 2:45pm. I finished mailing out my Christmas cards today. Michaela has Brownies tonight (if she makes it), and we have Jenna's preschool Christmas Pageant tonight at the exact same time. I have about 5 presents left to wrap, fudge to cut up and package, and a few more desserts to make for Christmas. I have a load of laundry in the washer, a load in the dryer and a load in the basket that needs to get folded and put away. I have to go shopping one more time for one more person. I have to frost the cupcakes for tonight. I have to unload the dishwasher and clean up from my baking.

I am looking forward to Thursday and Friday, when all of this nonsense is done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas WILL come and it will ALL be worth it as you see M and J's eyes light up with what Santa brought them! It IS a tremendous amount of work but, thankfully, we know it is NOT about the trappings but about our Savior's birth. And you, Danny, and the girls know this and I am thankful for that! My children know Jesus-the best gift a mom and dad could EVER have! Love, Mommy

Anonymous said...

I think Mary and Joseph's first Christmas wasn't all neat and tidy either.....though there probably wasn't any cupcake baking for Brownies! Christmas blessings to your dear gang! Love, LW