Thursday, December 10, 2009

Moments when it's totally worth having kids.

Kid #1: Michaela was very sad that Uncle Brian had to leave and return home on Monday. After we said goodbye to him on Sunday, she started crying in the car. She cried all the way home, asking questions like, Why does he have to go home? Why can't he stay here? Why does he live so far away? and we answered her and comforted her the best we could.
She continued crying all during getting ready for bed, putting her pajamas on, and taking her medicine for the strep throat.
Finally, laying on our bed, starting to calm down, still sniffling a bit, she told me somewhat dramatically, "I don't think I can brush my teeth... I'm still really sad."
"I don't think so," I replied. "Get up and brush and go to bed."
I guess she figured it was worth a try.

Kid #2: Jenna has picked up lots of things we say around the house, and since she still can't say the K sound or G sound and replaces it with a T, she puts her own spin on it.
A few days ago she got out the Swiffer sweeper and Dan stopped her, asking,"What exactly are you going to do with that?"
"What the het, Dad??? I'm duh-na tlean!!" was her exasperated reply.

Kid #3: And Alec has been doing this a lot lately:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great "slice of life" stories, Che! That smile could melt anyone's heart! Love, Gammie/Mom

Anonymous said...

Tell M. that everytime we leave you in Delmar, I don't brush my teeth for DAYS! Love, LW

Claudia said...

So cute!!!! What original kids you have. And what a smile Mr. Alec!

The Davies Family said...

What cute stories and what cute pictures of Alec! Loved the shots from the baptism too. It looked like a fabulous time and beautiful event.