Thursday, February 14, 2008

Religious Revelations

We are at church last night for the Wednesday Lenten service. We go up for communion; Michaela is kneeling on my left and Jenna is standing on my right. The host is offered to me and I eat it. The assistant comes around with the tray of little cups and says, "This is the blood of Christ, shed for you."

Horrified, Michaela snaps her head towards me and says, "That's BLOOD??!!??"

"No," I whisper. "It's wine."

Why she was tuned in last night to this after coming to the communion rail every two weeks for the last six and a half years, I'll never know.

As we were walking away, she whispers to me, "That wine kinda stinks."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes! At least she was listening. Ah, the mysteries of religion-I'm 60 and I STILL have LOTS I do not comprehend. Love, Mommy