Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sick of it already?

Early Monday morning I heard Michaela get out of bed and lay down on our couch, which she does a few times per month when she has a bad dream or has woken up for whatever reason. I went out to check on her and she said she was fine. An hour later, she came into our room and told me she had strep throat. I got up with her and she did feel warm so I gave her Tylenol and sat up with her for awhile. In the morning, she was cool; I asked her how she felt and she answered, "fine", which was a bit surprising. I asked her, "Do you want to go to school?" and the moment I said that I knew that I had phrased that wrong... rookie mistake of a mom of an elementary-aged child. Of course she answered, "No!" I told her, "Let me rephrase that...are you sick?" and she said no and went off to school yesterday. By the time Jenna hits first grade, I'll be a pro.
In Jenna news, here is a sampling of some cute things she has come out with in the last few days.
-She walked into the kitchen and announced, "Here me are!" (for "Here I am!")
-I told her I loved her yesterday and she told me, "I yove you, too." (ALMOST makes up for all the holding, nursing, and crying... almost , but not quite.)
-Jenna told me a rather long sentence yesterday and I couldn't quite catch what she was saying. I asked her to sat it again and she told me, rather exasperated, "Nevermind." Apparently it wasn't worth the effort to repeat it.
-Dan and I learned yesterday that she knows the names of all the Disney Princesses...and knows which Princess is her favorite, Michaela's favorite, and my mom's favorite. Even though she just started talking, we do think she has been taking it all in for the last year and know is coming out with it.

Michaela scored a goal in her first soccer game... Go Michaela!!! She is on the Tie-dyed Tigers and their shirts are tie-dyed red, white and blue. She had her first art class in school yesterday and that was a big hit; they started a project on a self-portrait...she told me she was "really busy" in school yesterday. I bought her supplies for her family party yesterday... we're having an Ariel from the Little Mermaid theme and Party City had some adorable stuff. Today we are off to Lee, MA to do some outlet shopping. Gotta start shopping for more pink clothes for my new niece!!

No comments: