Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sweet Success!

Our bathroom is DONE.... and we couldn't be happier. We hung up towel bars, got out our new towels and generally finished up the project this weekend. It feels so good to take a shower and give the girls baths in such a clean, new room. When we go into our bathroom, it's like we're in a new house! It was stressful but in the end (as things often are) it was all worth it. I am hoping to take some "after" pictures and post them soon.

Well, it's April 15th and it's snowing here in the Northeast. How absolutely depressing. It is times like this that Dan and I really wonder why we live here and not somewhere further South. But then we think of our family and friends and job and house and church and schools and we just sigh and say that Spring will come sometime. Maybe. Hopefully.

Michaela story of the week: My mom, M, Jenna and I went shopping for new cleats and shinguards for M for her upcoming soccer season (yay!). M was only interested in the exercise equipment at the story- the Total gym, thighmaster, free weights, etc. and kept blowing me off about /picking things out to buy. I pulled her aside and told her she needed and attitude adjustment and that I wanted her to pay attention and be grateful that she was getting new things. As she was walking away from me, quite annoyed, she went up to my mom and said in an incredibly condescending voice, "Gammie... talk to her!" (meaning me). We were dumbfounded and my mom did the least helpful thing in response- burst out laughing.

Jenna has now linked her two favorite words- when you try to do something for her she says, "No, me!" because she's an independent almost two year old and wants to do everything herself. Her sense of humor is so apparent now... just like her sister, she has a great sense of timing and gets the jokes now that we make with her. I went to a bridal shower for Jaime yesterday and was gone from 9:30am until 6 pm and Jenna did fine without me. Danny did a great job of holding down the fort. Several months ago, this would have been unthinkable.

Stay warm, and I'll post those pics soon!

No comments: