Tuesday, March 6, 2007

God Bless the USA

At dinner tonight, Michaela and I started singing the Lee Greenwood song "I'm Proud to be an American"... she had sung it with her children's choir and we have the CD and listen to it occasionally. Michaela cracked us up by belting out, "I'm allowed to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." Too cute!

Michaela started swimming lessons yesterday at our local YMCA and did great. She'll go once a week for a half hour for about 8 weeks. I think she was excited to be back in a pool! Jenna was even happy for her and when Michaela was getting changed in the locker room after the lesson, Jenna was patting Michaela's arm and saying in her little broken English, "Good job, MiMi!" We are finding Jenna to be quite sensitive and empathic and will go immediately to comfort Michaela if she is crying and starting patting her arm or back. What a wonder to see their little personalities emerge!

No comments: