Saturday, March 24, 2007

Chaos sweet chaos

The bathroom remodel has started and is in high gear! Everything has been torn down to the studs, the floor has been torn up (thank the good Lord... it was beyond gross) and a new subfloor has been laid down. The room has been rewired and our outlet moved to a much more logical location. Our new tub/shower unit is in our garage, ready to be installed on Monday. Monday is a big day as the new sheetrock is also being put up. The small wall separating the vanity from the toilet and shower has been removed so it will be one larger room.
Dan and I have picked out all our new stuff... vanity, sink, faucet, tile for the floor, paint color, lighting,etc. and thankfully generally agree on the same style. We're going for a spa-type look- clean and uncluttered and bright.
While we are bathroom-less my parents have been graciously letting us invade their guest bathroom and use it for baths and showers. We should have about another week and a half until completion and things are going very smoothly... I really thought we'd have water damage where our shower tiles were coming off but thankfully there was none.

In other Libutti news, Michaela has been feeling her oats a bit lately and has been particularly pokey, which is her most frustrating habit. She also told me while we were in the car the other day, "Mom, I think I am ready to take a vacation from school." I cheerfully told her that Spring Break was coming in about three weeks and she'd have a week off. She told me, "No, that's not really what I meant... I mean I want to be home when everyone else is in school... I work really hard in school and just need some time home." I told her, "Sorry, Charlie, but I can't just keep you home- it's against the law..." and assured her we would do fun things on her break and that really the school year is almost done (a small stretching of the truth!). Who knew Kindergarden was so exhausting??

Meanwhile Jenna has learned two new words that have taken over her communications with us: No and Me. When you ask her,"What's your name?" she very matter of factly answers,"Me!" and points to her chest. She is showing lots of moxie with Michaela and has told her no and pushed her a few times. Jenna is our child of extremes: so sweet yet so strong-willed. She also asked me to make her an "eggie" for breakfast which she promptly spit out after her first bite. She has started saying "Addooo, ba-ba!' when we leave somewhere which is Jenna speak for goodbye. She is becoming interested in Michaela's underpants and actually insisted on wearing a pair last night over her pjs. Maybe she will potty train earlier than 4 and a half years old like her sister!

I will try to post some bathroom pics soon for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: