Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Halloween Baking Night.

We had a Halloween Baking Night a few days before the actual holiday, spurred on by my daughters and their friend Isabel helping me unpack all the Fall/Harvest/ Halloween decorations (trust me- there are BINS FULL), finding every cookie cutter, sprinkle set, cake pan and paper cupcake liner I own and asking me, "Can we DO SOMETHING with all of this??" 
"Uhhh, sure... we can have a baking party," I answered.  And a new tradition was born.
 



 We had some successes and some failures, but all were lots of fun.


I think the girls loved doing their own decorating.




We even tried our hand at chocolate pumpkin shaped pops.  Fun, easy and delish.


We were about halfway through, covered in sprinkles and frosting and hearing the beeping timer going off on my oven and jockeying items around in my fridge to find room to cool the chocolate pops when Isabel declared: "We're going to do this EXACT SAME THING for Thanksgiving!!"

And we are.  This afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you for doing this-memories are made doing things like this AND traditions are born! You have lucky kids! Love, Gammie and Popsicle