Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Wrap Up.




Here are pictures of my three funny Valentines from Monday morning. The girls insisted on both wearing pigtails and headbands and matching shirts. I am relishing every holiday they want to match because I know that it is only a matter of time before they refuse to dress and look alike.
While going through a binder of Michaela's on Monday morning, I found this written out:
"Pieces of my Heart"
100% Family
99% SpongeBob
95% Friends
55% Soccer
50% School
40% Nature
And I think what this tells me is that I have been underestimating how much my kids love a cartoon sponge.
The other excitement of the day, which I posted on Facebook, was that Michaela found in her backpack a full-sized KitKat bar with a large SpongeBob valentine taped to it from a boy in her class. When she asked him about it: Did you put this in my backpack?, he apparently panicked and said, "Um, no." Even though it was signed with his first and last name. Michaela was totally freaked by this rather overt gesture and when she arrived home she immediately called Dan to ask what she should do. He told her the same thing I did, that it would be nice of her to thank him for the candy the next day. It was very sweet.
The girls had fun parties in their classrooms and both came home with a bag full of valentines and candy. Dan bought both of them a heart-shaped box of chocolates with a picture of dogs on the cover.
It was a good day.

No comments: